SIXPAD iconic logo symbol design competition Entry Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. Please enter this competition only if you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Established in Japan, SIXPAD is the leading training gear brand developing products based on the world’s most advanced EMS (electrical muscle stimulation) theory proven by global authorities in sports science. Loved by top athletes, SIXPAD offers innovative products like EMS devices, fitness tools, supplements, wear as well as cutting-edge facilities to train with EMS devices like SIXPAD STATION and SIXPAD HOME GYM.
SIXPAD's goal is for people all around the world to enjoy a VITAL LIFE - one that's healthy and active. The brand continues to contribute to the sports, fitness, healthcare and medical care fields to help achieve a society where as many people as possible can live healthier lives.
To mark a new milestone, SIXPAD is calling for designers to create an iconic logo symbol. It will be used alone or in combination with the current logo, embossed on SIXPAD products and used in advertising materials from 2022.
Enter to get a chance to work with SIXPAD to help create "a society where people all around the world can live healthier lives".
May 17 (Mon.) – 23:59 (JST), July 31 (Sat.), 2021
Works and entry applications must be received by the deadline
Note: The entry period may be extended depending on the circumstances. If we're going to extend it, we'll announce it on the website.
A symbol mark for the SIXPAD brand
- Limited to original designs that haven't already been published
- Submitted entries must include a description of the work and the intentions behind it (about 200 characters)
- Limited to works that don't infringe the copyrights, trademarks, or other rights of third parties
- Designs should also take into account being used in monochrome and black-and-white versions
- Designs should be created on the assumption that they'll be used both within and outside Japan
- Also bear in mind that the winning design will be used in combination with the current SIXPAD logo
- You can submit multiple entries
1,000,000 yen (excl. tax)
- Note: if winner is in outside of Japan, the prize money will be converted to their local currency at the exchange rate at the time of payment.
- Only people who've agreed to the Entry Terms and Conditions (""Entrants"") can enter this competition.
- Anyone can apply, whether they're individuals, groups, corporations, professionals, or amateurs.
- There are no restrictions on nationality, age, place of residence, etc.
- A single Entrant (including groups and corporations) can submit multiple works. Entrants can also belong to more than one group.
- Submitted works must not infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If a submitted work infringes a third party's rights (including if it's found that it does after it's been entered in the competition), any award it wins may be withdrawn at our discretion, even after the award has been announced.
- We'll reject entries from the following: organized crime groups as defined in Article 2, Item 2 of the Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991);
members of organized crime groups as defined in Item 6 of the same article;
quasi-members of organized crime groups;
companies related to organized crime groups;
corporate racketeers, etc.;
groups that engage in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns;
organized crime groups that specialize in intellectual crimes; any other groups or individuals that pursue financial gain through violence, power, or fraudulent methods;
any parties equivalent to these (collectively, ""Antisocial Forces""); or Entrants that we deem to be somehow involved in Antisocial Forces (e.g., by cooperating or being involved in the maintenance, operation, and management of Antisocial Forces, etc. through funding or other means).
If we deem that an Entrant is an Antisocial Force or is somehow involved in Antisocial Forces, we'll regard their entries as invalid even if we'd originally accepted them.
ENTRY THEME / JUDGING METHOD
< Entry Theme >
A brand symbol mark for SIXPAD, a brand that helps people live healthier lives by contributing to the fields of sports, fitness, health care, and medical care.
One winning work will be selected through a rigorous review by the judges.
The judging criteria will be as follows:
- The work represents SIXPAD's brand image, i.e., highly advanced, innovative, and healthy
- The work will be easy to remember and recognize both in Japan and overseas
- The work is highly original, and not similar to other brands
Scheduled to be announced on this website around fall 2021
Note: The timing of the announcement may be changed at the organizer's convenience. If it's going to be changed, it'll be announced on the website.
Note: The Entrant for the selected work will be contacted by email or phone in advance.
Fill in the necessary information on the entry form, then submit your entry.
Note: You need a Google account to enter. You can get a Google account for free.
If you don't have a Google account, please obtain a new one to enter the competition. If you already have a Google account, please log in with it to enter.
- Pen name Note: Optional. If you've entered a pen name, that'll be published in the announcement.
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Description of your work
- Guardian's name*
- Guardian's contact details*
- Relationship to the Entrant*
- Guardian's consent*
* If the Entrant is a minor
HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
However, it may be entrusted to third parties within the scope of running this competition.
The designer's name or pen name will be made public on occasions such as when the award winner.
Note: If you've given a pen name, your pen name will be published.
- The right to obtain intellectual property rights regarding the selected work will be transferred to MTG Co., Ltd. free of charge. This will apply, for example, to copyrights (including rights under Articles 27 and 28 of the Copyright Act), design rights, and trademark rights, and intellectual property rights acquired based on these. Furthermore, the creator of the selected work shall not exercise their moral rights of author. The compensation for the transfer of the above rights shall be the prize money set forth in the competition's terms and conditions.
- MTG Co., Ltd. shall be allowed to publish, adopt, and freely use the selected work under the name of MTG Co., Ltd.
- Entrants shall warrant that the works they submit don't infringe the copyrights, trademark rights, or any other rights of any third party.
- If the selected work is found to infringe a third party's rights after the announcement of the results, the decision to select it will be withdrawn, and the prize money must be returned. If the selected work infringes a third party's rights and MTG Co., Ltd. receives an infringement claim from the rights holder as a result, the creator shall cooperate fully with MTG Co., Ltd. If MTG Co., Ltd. suffers damage in connection with infringement of a third party's rights, the creator shall be solely responsible and liable.
- When third-party copyrights (e.g., original fonts) are used, the copyright must be cleared at the sole expense of the creator.
- In some cases, the selected work will be corrected and modified while respecting the original design.
- The costs associated with entering the competition will be borne by the Entrant.
- Matters not covered in this Notice will be decided on at the discretion of MTG Co., Ltd.
- If an unforeseen event occurs, the competition may be suspended without prior notice. We will not be liable for any damage caused by such suspension.
MTG Co., Ltd.
SIXPAD BRAND ICON DESIGN COMPETITION Administration Office
Special address for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: It may take some time to respond.